#EndSARS protesters in Osun disagree over continuation of protest

#EndSARS protesters in Osun disagree over continuation of protest
By Ekene Agbor, Osogbo
Governor Oyetola while addressing the #EndSARS Protesters
Governor Oyetola while addressing the #EndSARS Protesters

 

EndSARS protesters in Osun State appeared divided as to whether demonstration would continue or be suspended.
The key leaders of the agigations against police brutality and bad governance in the country on Friday expressed different views to calls that the protest be shelved.
News Boom had reported that the Osun state Governor, Gboyega Oyetola appealed to the protesters to discontinue the street protest and approach the Government for dialogue.
The governor had on Thursday inuagurated a 12-man panel of enquiry into cases of Police brutality in the state.
ENDSARS protesters in Osogbo
ENDSARS protesters in Osogbo
Oyetola had assured the young agitators that their demands would be looked into with a viewing to meeting them.
But on Friday, two of the notable leaders of the agitation in Osun disagreed on the call to suspend the protest.
While one of the leaders of the EndSARS protesters in Osogbo, Comrade Oluwaseun Adebisi Emmanuel, popularly called Captain, while addressing his fellow demonstrators on Friday at the popular Olaiya junction, their usual convergence spot, announced their decision to suspend the protest, another key leader of the struggle, Olawale Bakare, popularly known as Mandate, noted that the protest would continue.
Also Read:
Captain said they were ready to shield their swords since the state Government had promised to meet their demands.
He stated that they would move their protest out of the highway in order to allow commuters and motorists to use the popular Olaiya-Gbongan expressway.
He gave Governor Gboyega Oyetola two weeks ultimatum to address their demands.
But Mandate insisted that protest continues. He alleged that the government was trying to hijack the protest by infiltrating it with their loyalists.
Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari had said in his Thursday’s nationwide broadcast asked Nigerians to discontinue with the protest saying that their demands had been heard loud and clear.

Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *